Thursday, April 14, 2011

Revitalize Yourself

I have such a huge passion for health & well-being. I just know that I’m not good around the sick or with blood, nor could I ever sit in a room and tell someone they have issues. That’s why I take a whole different…holistic….approach.

I am a licensed massage therapist, and I also have much knowledge for aromatherapy, energy techniques, and other alternative therapies. My aspirations for the future are to constructively integrate Psychology and Ayurveda in order to better facilitate the mind-body healing for clients. I would basically be a silent mental therapist, so to speak.

It is ‘vital’ that we care for our bodies- and it starts with listening to our bodies. The more we tune in to what our body is telling us, the more effective we can be at maintaining our health & well-being by giving the self what it is lacking. My mantra: Caring for the body starts with the mind.
I will cover things like the anatomy and physiology of the body, common health issues and questions, self-care, and the benefits of massage and various other alternative therapies.

There is a great importance in replenishing our body and mind with a more natural approach. This gives us more effective results with less side effects. I am not saying I am against medicine and surgery- obviously these are needed for many things. But for common ailments and conditions, alternative therapies and remedies are growing with popularity due to their proven effective results.

I hope you find my posts useful and informative, even perhaps eye-opening. Don’t hesitate to share experiences as well as ask questions. Just know that I am not a doctor- I cannot diagnose or prescribe.


Enjoy!

transferred- original post date 04/14/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment